Wednesday 21 November 2007

The woman I love - at least part of her*)

1/2000 sec at f/4.8, ISO 200.
Nikon D70 with 18-200VR at 46mm.
Taken 2 June in Platanias, Crete, Greece.

Anna was in what must be called her spiritual home, Greece, for a week off before kicking off her summer job this year. With about a minute of planning, I decided to go down and visit her for a day. Between spending six hours at Athens Airport waiting for the connecting flight to Chania and me getting up to find a taxi in Platanias at 04.30 two mornings later we had a great time, I don't regret doing it one bit.

This was the last trip I took before I got my new camera (I still have the D70 as my "second" camera) and this is one of the better shots I took that day. The view from the old town in Platanias is stunning, although you can't see much of it here. :-)

*) And what I mean by that is that you can only SEE part of her, not that I only LOVE part of her. :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like this picture. Can I steal your black and white conversion process? (Hey, at least I'm asking permission first, right?)

Henrik Lans said...

@ivoryhut> Thank you!

I'll detail my black-and-white conversion process in a post next week for everyone to see. How's that sound? :-)